Basic & Economical Makeup Essentials for Teens
Teens is the time when we start exploring & experiencing various new things around us. You are just out of school and stepping into a new world known as college life..Everyone wants to look their best in college, you want to be the centre of attraction :) looking hip and happening. You want to look good but at the same time you need to manage on limited budget..…so heres a list of my basic makeup necessities for teens who are probably in the beginning of their journey in exploring the world of makeup.
1. Sunscreen : Always use sunscreen!! Sunscreen should be a must have in your list. You are gonna be out probably the whole day..running from home to college, from college to classes then maybe out with friends before heading back home and you don’t want to harm your skin with all the sun exposure so always remember…NEVER LEAVE YOUR HOME WITHOUT A SUNSCREEN.
2. Moisturizer : Drying skin is one of the first signs of ageing. Moisturizer is food for your skin. How long can you survive without food? Not long na…so similarly your skin also needs its regular intake of food i.e moisturizer. Choose a moisturizer and the frequency of application depending on your skin type and your place of residence. Always keep your skin hydrated.
3. Never sleep with makeup on : Always remember to cleanse your face before going off to sleep. Remember this very basic rule of using makeup…Never sleep with makeup on. I agree we all have our lazy days..me too…but even on my most lazy day I clean my face with wet tissues followed with facewash. You don’t want one moment of laziness to give you zits and pimples for the next couple of days na?? So pls…always remove makeup before going off to sleep. One also needs to be more careful about this in teens because that is the time when your body is also under-going a lot of hormonal changes which lead to pimples, acne etc and you wouldn’t want to add that rite. Sleeping with makeup on is one of the worst punishments you could give your skin.
4. Lipbalm : Like your skin, your lips need to be kept moisturized as well. Bad chapped lips is the last thing one would want. Buy a tinted lipbalm which will add some color to your lips while keeping it well moisturized. Even when you don’t feel like dressing up, just kajal n tinted lipbalm and you are ready to rock!!
Enough gyaan on skincare?? Now lets get to the main point that is makeup.
Products to Try : Maybelline Whitestay UV Compact (Rs. 150). Lakme compact does a decent job too (Approx Rs. 150).
3. Kajal : Just a dash of kajal on your waterline can change your entire look. Remember the good old days when our grandmom used to make kajal at home…now you have a variety of kajal available in the market like Lotus, Biotique, VLCC, Shahnaz hussain etc
Products to Try : Lotus herbals Kajal (approx Rs. 119). It has decent staying power on the waterline…
The recently launched Lakme satin finish kajal (Rs. 150) has got some good feedback too.
I also recently tried the Chambor Eye Tatoo pencil (Rs. 325) in black for one whole day and was pretty impressed with its staying power…I might be buying it for myself too.
4. Eyeliner: Colored pencil liners are a really versatile product. You can use these very easily every day and still manage to look different. Wear a thin line on your upper lashline or a thick line with a thin black liquid line or line your lower lashline with eyeliner pencil and finish with kajal on waterline..looks very gorgeous..you can even smudge these on the upper lashline to create a new look.
Bourjois Clubbing Eye Pencil (Rs. 325)
Black Liquid Eyeliner: There are various options available in the market for these in brands like Lakme, Maybelline.
5. Lipstick : Since you’ve just started building up your makeup kit, you could buy a couple of light-coloured lipsticks which you can use on a daily basis and maybe 1-2 bright colors which you can wear on night outs with friends or during your college fest or maybe friendship day, rose day etc..
|Maybelline Colorsensational Lipstick|
Maybelline Colorsensational Lipsticks (Rs. 299): This is the latest range from Maybelline and since this range has been launched Maybelline has discontinued their Watershine and Moisture Extreme Range so you would only be able to find the existing stock in these ranges. Colorsensational has around 33 shades so everyone is sure to find one for themselves…both light and bright colors.
|Maybelline Colorsensational Lipgloss|
Products to Try : Lakme has some really nice transparent and transparent with shimmer lipglosses. These would cost roughly around Rs. 200- Rs. 250…I bought mine a long time ago so don’t remember the exact cost.
7. Mascara : IMO, since you are on limited budget, invest in a mascara only if you think you would be wearing it quite often. Not underestimating the power of mascara but I don’t remember using one in my college days…We don’t really have a lot of time to dress up before rushing to college and since mascaras have a shelf life of only 3 months, invest in one only if you would use it often.
Products to Try : Maybelline Colossal Volum Mascara (Rs. 260)
8. Blush : I don’t think you would be using a blush on a daily basis to college so you could invest in just 1 blush which you can use for all your parties, college fest etc. But do buy 1 blush…just a swipe of blush can change your entire look…I regret discovering the beauty of blush so late..and now theres no stopping me🙂
Products to Try : Maybelline Chai Latte Quad (Rs. 240)..it is one of the best brown quads available.
10. Makeup Brushes : Lastly..you definitely need some tools to use these beautiful makeup items, dont you…..
You can start with Vega brushes which are pretty good at their job…Blush brush (Rs. 95), Eyeshadow brush (Rs. 40-50), blending brush etc…You can either buy a whole set or individual brushes.
Makeup Shopping Places in Bombay!!
NEAR CRAWFORD MARKET .
OPP A TO Z SHOP , MUMBAI – 02
New Beauty Centre
NEXT TO RAJASTHAN HOTEL
KHAR WEST , MUMBAI – 52.
The Beauty Shop
Is there anything you would like to add to this list? What would be ur picks for makeup essentials for teens ?